We have currently filled all internship positions for the 2013 season. Please check back in November for information about applying for 2014 season internships.
We are looking for experienced youth programming leaders to fill several positions for the 2013 season.
Summer 2013, 20 to 30 hours per week
Lead Instructors needed to supervise and educate children ages 3 to 12 in Sylvester Manor’s farm-based summer youth programs.
- Educate, aid and engage children in daily activities including farming, planting, harvesting, livestock care, farm science and environmental projects.
- Engage with farmers to ensure that youth activities work with current farm operations.
- Prepare special “farm to table” lunches from the crops available.
- Assist in planning, daily set-up/clean-up, weekly meetings, and program debriefing/dismantling.
- Instruct children on hazards (including poison ivy, ticks and sunburn) and all safety rules.
- Promote the Sylvester Manor ethos of healthy eating, environmental consciousness, organic farming and arts integration into daily life.
- Serve as a role model to the children and younger instructors.
Housing and/or tenting available to instructors willing to volunteer extra hours on the farm.
Send letter, resume and references by Feb. 27 to email@example.com
Junior Youth Instructors
Local high school students interested in working as junior instructors in our youth programs may also apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.